Monday 15 October 2012

First blog post

Well, I have finally joined the blogging world and set this up, to enable better communication with more people than if I had to email everyone.

This particular post is a bit of a test and to introduce myself.

I am about to become one of the two boating officers on South Georgia working for the British Antarctic Survey (BAS). I am heading south on the 28th October and will be returning north (probably) late December 2013. We fly on an MOD charter flight out of Brize Norton. We have to make a refuelling stop on Ascension Island and then land at Stanley in the Falklands. We are there for a couple of days and then leave on the Fisheries Protection Vesssel Pharos on 1st November. We will arrive on South Georgia on 4th November.

I am currently in the process of packing, putting my life on hold a bit and saying goodbye to those I won't be seeing for 14 months.

I plan on using this space to attempt to explain our everyday life down there. I hope that you enjoy it and that I can show something of what life in the freezer is like.

3 comments:

  1. Proud to be related to someone so insane. x from your cousin India (borrowing Felix's account)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're mad :) but I'll definitely be following your blog. Kasia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella... so excited to be following your adventures down south!

    Meg (formerly of Atlantic College Development Office!)

    ReplyDelete